Search This Blog


Monday, April 13, 2015

"If Teacups Could Talk" Ladies Day Theme


Back in the fall, I was invited to speak for a ladies day in Enid (Garriott Rd. congregation) for this April.  They asked for some topics, and I gave them my favorite ones, but am always open to whatever anyone wants me to speak about.
One I gave the ladies was this one: "If Teacups Could Talk".  They decided to go with it, and I'm so glad that they did!
I love seeing how women use a theme to come up with decorations, food, programs, etc., to enhance the intended theme.
The Garriott Road ladies did a great job, as you can see!
The teacups and teapots were beautiful!
I couldn't help taking pictures of all of them!
But even more beautiful than the teapots and teacups was the voices of around 90 women singing, the fellowship together between sisters in Christ, and the time spent dwelling on God's Word and specifically our friendship between Christian sisters.
That is what this ladies' day, as well as any other ladies day, is all about: Growing closer in our relationships with one another because of the bond we have as sisters in Christ.
It was truly a joy to get to see "old" friends and meet new ones.  I only wish that I had taken pictures of the people, not just the decor....
...but since I was speaking, I didn't think about that until right now :).
My mind was on what it should have been on....the lesson and glorifying God in the words that I spoke.
Besides spiritual food, there was plenty of physical food!  We began with bagels, cream cheese, and fruit...
...then ended with quiche, salads, and desserts.  It was delicious!
The stage area was cute.
I especially liked the way this old window was done, with backing and dried flowers.
The keynote presentation that took me three days to get done (computer problems) worked out wonderfully on the wall.  It was my second time at doing a presentation...the first success. The last time was a struggle!  I was thankful this one worked out well, without any trouble.  That's only because the youth minister, Matthew, set it all up for me! :)
The food line....
....everything was marked so we knew what we were eating!
The little desserts were so cute - and delicious!  I got the chocolate and peanut butter one, totally forgetting my "no flour" diet for the day.
It was worth it.  I ate it all, BUT look at all that green on my plate! :)
Thank you to the Garriott Road ladies for asking me to be a part of your special day! It was a blessing to me, and I pray that it was to each of you!  

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover