Search This Blog


Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Which One Are You?

Today I was going to Sam's Club. I happened to get behind someone who was actually "parking" in the walkway area so that their party could unload the basket in the trunk. I got too close to be able to move and someone was behind me, so I was stuck. The Salvation Army bell ringer even went to help the young man unload his basket into the trunk to hurry things along. I was amazed at the lack of respect from the driver of the car and the young man. Now maybe the driver was handicapped or something. That could be so. But the young (teen or young 20 year old) was in adequate shape to walk a short distance to the parking lot had the driver chosen to park in a real spot. Years ago this would have aggravated me! Today it just made me kind of sad.

On the way out of Sam's Club, when I was driving off, an older lady was parked in a handicapped spot and trying to unload her basket. A young couple (early 20's) stopped to help her unload her basket, put it in her car, and took her basket for her. This one made me smile.

Now for a few questions concerning both of the stories above:
Which one of these stories is closer to how you are?
Are you aware of the fact that people watch you and watch your reactions/actions - and assumptions are made (whether right or wrong) depending on those reactions/actions? Do you care?

Some of the best ways we can show Jesus living within us is in the small, everyday things of life. Our walk must match our talk for His light to shine in our lives.

 In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us. 
Titus 2:7-9

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

It's funny, I think the season brings out the urgency and bad manners in a lot of people! They are trying to do so much in a short amount of time.

 
Pin It button on image hover