Search This Blog


Sunday, October 12, 2014

She Speaks 2014

Desserts posted first - imagine that! And cheesecake, of all things! This one looked so good, too!  I'm sure it was, but I sat down at.....

 ...this one.  It was wayyyyy too chocolatey for me, but my sister-in-law said it was great!  One bite was all I took.  I would have eaten the whole cheesecake piece, so maybe it's better I sat down where I did!
Oklahoma Christian's lectureship features a day of women's events, beginning with devotionals and lessons from many women, singing, prayers, and fellowship together. The evening ends with the "She Speaks" banquet.
 This year I invited my daughter and her roommate to join me for the evening.
 My sister-in-law and her mother were also at our table, along with our husbands' aunt and a couple of other women.
 The table setting was beautiful.  There were lime green sateen napkins and hydrangeas in glass bowl that had grapevine floating inside.  I'm alway excited to see "properly" set tables!  That's a favorite topic of mine for teaching others....especially children.
 We all love the chandeliers they use each year at the banquet. Something about them just makes the atmosphere more elegant.
 We weren't sure what the main entree' was, but some sort of breaded chicken cutlet on top of mashed potatoes and topped with a cheesy-corn cream sauce/gravy.  I wasn't a big fan of the dish, but the veggies were pretty good and the salad was great!
 Nika Maples was the speaker for the evening. She was great. Her story was very emotional and inspirational. You can read more about her story at nikamaples.com.
 I loved how she talked about us being the gatekeepers of our heart and how that God's Holy Spirit lives within Christians. WE are the gatekeepers of that temple...of our own hearts where the Spirit resides!
Nika gave everyone a free gift - her book. She used it as a symbol of God's free gift of salvation to those who choose Him and who choose to obey the gospel.

We posed for a family group picture before leaving the event.  What a wonderful evening!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover