Search This Blog


Thursday, September 25, 2014

Tuesday's Blessing

Tuesday night I got to do something that I had wanted to do for a few a months after hearing about it at a nearby congregation.  They do a thing called, "Tabitha Tuesday". It's so neat! They meet together (ladies of all ages) and learn something - cupcake decorating, sewing a little bag, pie crust making - lots of things that could be used to serve others and encourage the ladies to be like Tabitha/Dorcas. 
I wanted to do something similar and ended up being able to do it at my home, but invite all ladies in town or nearby.  I was really thinking there might be 20 or 25, so had tables and chairs everywhere, but it ended up being nine of us.  For the "1st go-round" that was just perfect, and I'll know what works best for #2 when more come!
 I told the ladies that the "blessing" part of "Tuesday's Blessing" was that they were getting a 'free' craft project to do, but also being blessed with a night out to be around other women.  As a young stay-at-home-mom for many years, I remember being thankful for times like that when I could be around women.  I am still a stay-at-home-mom, but I lost the "young" part somewhere along the way! :)
 The ladies used burlap, paper, material and paint to create their own fall themed banners.
 One lady made one to look like the one I had purchased at Kirkland's!  It turned out GREAT!  It was also great that our Oklahoma State University Extension Office lady has access to many sewing machines and part of her job requires her to do things in all of the towns in our county!  Thanks, Carol!!  (I never remember her 'official' job title! Sorry!)
 Another cut out leave shapes from another sample I had purchased, then polka dotted them around the letters spelling HARVEST.
 This one was so clever!!  Laura made one huge pennant and will hang it alone on a rope!  So cute! I never would have thought of that!
 This paper one isn't finished, but looks great already! The fall papers at Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's were so pretty!
 And this one is fall-themed material cut into the lady's last name.  She will string it and hang it, as well.
 Kaci's WELCOME banner isn't totally finished, but she's got a great start on it.
 This is after the craft night, and there are LOTS of supplies left!  We'll be having another one in a few weeks!
 My plan is to have these events at least once a month. There aren't many free evenings in my calendar, but hopefully it will continue to be successful.
 We'll have to adjust the schedule once basketball starts. That may be hard to do!
 But the first "Tuesday's Blessing" was a huge success and many more are excited about coming next time.
 It was a blessing for me and a blessing for the ladies who attended.
Some of the ladies already  knew each other, but some met for the first time. A few were also relatives of each other.  But we all enjoyed laughing, learning about one another, and getting time to just enjoy the company of other women.  That is my passion, and I believe that God has given me this "ministry" outlet to bless others.  And maybe it will inspire others to be a blessing to someone else.  That's what "Tuesday's Blessing is all about.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the idea if the Tuesday's Blessing! What a great way to fellowship and witness with other women.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

You go girl!

Unknown said...

Thank you both!

 
Pin It button on image hover